The Indian Wells Cabernet is our warm climate ripe, jammy “New World” style of Cabernet Sauvignon. The wine typifies the Wahluke Slope region with dark fruit aromas and flavors. Syrah added an enhanced richness and concentration to the wine.
• One third of the fruit came from vineyards in the Wahluke Slope in eastern Washington, including our Indian Wells Vineyard.
• The state’s most northern growing area, the Wahluke Slope is bordered on both the west and the south by the Columbia River.
• Indian Wells vineyard is a warm site with a long growing season.
• Fruit from our estate vineyards also contributed to the blend, including our Cold Creek Vineyard (26%) and Canoe Ridge Estate (7%).
• Ripe grapes were destemmed and sorted with a grape receiving and separation system designed to gently deliver fruit to the fermenters, allowing for pure varietal expression and soft mouthfeel.
• Gentle pumpovers were used to extract optimal flavor and color and minimize harsh tannins.
• Each individual fermentation tank is tasted daily to evaluate the evolution of the tannins and structure, to modify extraction techniques and find the right moment to drain the wine from the skins.
• Aged for 16 months in 51% new American and French oak barrels.
Blend: 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Syrah
All prices are in USD.